We made this as a tasty treat to start the New Year & it has some brain benefits too. If you’re gluten-free then you can substitute the bagel with rye bread or your favourite alternative base.
Time : 15 minutes
Insomnia and exhaustion are helped with the 20%* of vitamins D & E, 15% magnesium, 30% B-6 & 18% B-12 plus 9% iron mostly from the eggs, avocado and chilli. 55% vitamin C in chilli & avocado will also aid anxiety and depression. The bagel has to a dash (7%) of B-2 & B-3 that improves memory & reduces fatigue, and 10% manganese that fights dizziness.
*Recommended Daily Allowance
- 2 x avocados, cubed
- 6 x rashes bacon
- 4 x eggs
- 1 x bagel, halved
- 1 x red chilli, diced
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1/2 tbsp x vinegar
- Grill bacon on tin foil until crispy (10 mins). Remove & drain oil on kitchen paper.
- Toast bagel halves until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan bring water & vinegar to the boil.
- Compile avocado, chilli on top of bagel.
- Place each egg in its own measuring cup. Pour each egg into water and leave to cook (1-2 mins).
- With slotted spoon, scoop egg from water & drain water through spoon and serve onto bagel. Try not to crack the yolks!
- Add bacon on top of eggs & season to taste.