In one of my crazed research for new recipes I discovered this gem! With some refinement I made it super simple & tasty, plus good for your brain. It takes a long time to marinade and then just let it cook in a pan.
Time : Total 3 hours – 2 hours for marinade + 60 minutes to cook.
This recipe is simple & great for your brain! With over 200%* vitamin B-12 and 100% vitamin C, D and magnesium this dish helps battle fatigue, depression, insomnia and memory. The added 70% B-6, 55% omega 3s and vitamin E support vitamin D and B-12 fight that evil fatigue. With Q10 and a dash of B-2 alongside the magnesium it helps reduce headaches and 20% vitamin A helps support learning which in turn improves your memory.
*Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Allowance
- The cloves from 1/2 head of garlic, peeled, crushed, minced
- 2 tbsp x fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp x coarse salt
- 1 tbsp x sweet paprika
- 2 tsp x coriander (powder)
- 2.5 tsp x dried cumin (powder works too)
- 1.5 tsp x freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp x Olive Oil
- 0.75 kg x salmon, cut into fillets per person
- 2 x medium onions, sliced
- 1 large x red bell pepper, seeded, de-stemmed, and sliced
- 2 x medium tomatoes, sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tin x coconut milk
- 1-2 cups x fresh coriander, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp x olive oil
- Freshly cooked rice for serving
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Let the salmon marinate in this paste for at least 2 hours (overnight is best). The longer, the better.
- In a large pan (large covered skillet), coat the bottom of the pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Add a layer of sliced onions, and then a layer of sliced bell peppers, and a layer of sliced tomatoes. Place the fish pieces, with the marinade, on top of everything, and start layering again – onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add about half the fresh coriander to the top. Pour coconut milk over the top.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve with rice (if you want) & garnish with the remaining fresh coriander.