This raw and green salad full of super tasty foods MUST be amazingly good for you! With squashes in season it is time to enjoy courgettes before the cold of winter deters you from this delicious recipe.
Time : 5 minutes
This simple dish has over 100%* of calcium, vitamin A (basil) and vitamin C (courgette & pepper) – not ingredients high on this brain health blog but these are good to help protect the immune system, which you don’t want getting down as it gives your body focus away from healing your brain! With over 35% vitamin B-6, magnesium, B-2 (basil) and B-12 (parmesan) this dish supports many symptoms from mood swings, exhaustion, dizziness and headaches. Further, there is over 15% iron (basil) and 10% vitamin D and K (olive oil) to help fight off fatigue.
* Recommended Daily Allowance
- 2 x courgettes, grated in spiral slicer
- 1 x avocado, mashed
- 1 tbsp x fresh basil, chopped
- 30 g x parmesan, grated
- 1/2 x lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp x olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 tbsp x pine nuts, toasted
- Grate courgette into a big salad bowl using a spiral slicer.
- In small bowl place avocado, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper – mash them all together until smooth.
- Combine paste sauce into courgette bowl. Sprinkle pine nuts & parmesan. Enjoy!