A friend made me this having copied it from a restaurant and I added a slightly more filling twist (and extra nutrients) with quinoa.
Time : 5-10 minutes
300%* vitamin C from kale and lemon juice is great for aiding those dark moods & dizziness problems, whilst 75% magnesium helps memory, headaches and insomnia too. The 200% vitamin A will aid learning & memory where the 200% manganese from the pine nuts, quinoa & kale will really keep some co-ordination issues at bay. Finally there is a mix of 60% B-6 from kale raisins and quinoa, 25% B-12 from the parmesan and quinoa and 18% B-2 to fight fatigue, insomnia, moods, headaches and give you some energy. There is also some vitamin E from pine nuts and 25% iron for fighting that tiredness.
*Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Allowance
Serves 3 (mains)
- 100 g x kale, roughly ripped
- 1/3 cup x pine nuts, toasted
- 1 x lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp x raisins
- 2 tbsp x parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup x quinoa
- 1 tbsp x Olive oil
- Toast the pine nuts over the hob until begin to brown & smell. Then remove from heat & leave on plate.
- Rip up kale into a bowl & pour lemon juice over. Massage kale for 5 minutes ensuring that the kale is soft & removing any hard spines from the bowl.
- Add parmesan, olive oil, raisins, quinoa and pine nuts & enjoy!
For a brain challenge toast the pine nuts at the same time as massaging the kale!