Southern Indian Keralan Malli Char curry is one of my favourite curries ever! Eggs are super foods for the brain & coconut rocks those neural pathways.
Time : 30-45 minutes
Exceeding you Recommended Daily Allowance with 600%* vitamin A, almost 500% vitamin C, 400% manganese, over 100% turmeric, B-6 and almost 100% magnesium and iron – this dish BOOSTS your brain with some energy to fight fatigue, insomnia , dizziness, depression & helps improve your memory with the combination of magnesium and curcumin (turmeric). There is even a decent 33% of calcium, 21% vitamin D and a dash of vitamins B-2 and E toward helping fight the fatigue. Coconut oil has triglycerides that help lower cholesterol and claims to help brain function by raising ketone levels to gives the brain with energy.
*Percentage of your Recommended Daily Allowance
Prepare each of the three parts separately into 3 bowls
(1) Green masala – chop together:
1 x onion, thinly sliced
1/2 inch x ginger, chopped finely
2 x cloves, crushed
3-4 x green chillies, finely chopped
2 sprigs x curry leaves, chopped
(2) Dry masala to grind in pestle & mortar:
3 tsp x coriander
1 tsp x chilli powder
1/4 tsp x turmeric
1/2 tsp x black peppercorns
1/2 inch x cinnamon
4 x cloves
2 x cloves garlic
1 tsp x salt
1.5 cups x water
2 cups x Mixed veg – pick what you like, e.g. okra, peppers, mushrooms, aubergines, green beans, baby sweetcorn, baby courgette, mange tout
1 cup x coconut milk
1 egg x per person
6 x tomatoes, halved
2 tsp x coconut oil
Basmati rice to accompany
- Prepare each Masala separately & the vegetables into separate bowls before you begin cooking. Get the eggs in a pan & the basmati rice rinsed & ready to boil.
- For the CURRY:
- Over a medium flame in saucepan fry Green Masala for 5 minutes
- Add Dry Masala off flame with Vegetables and 1.5 cup water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk & reduce heat to very low so coconut milk does NOT boil. Leave for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Meanwhile, hard boil eggs for approximately 15 minutes. Then cool, de-shell eggs & half.
- When vegetables are cooked, add the tomatoes for 2 minutes & remove from heat. Add eggs to serving dish.
- Serve with basmati rice.