Compile this simple breakfast and enjoy the super brain healthy & energising combination. Vary the fruit combinations to keep it seasonal and tasty. Here are 7 things you didn’t know about blueberries that are amazing for you!
Time : 5 minutes
Antioxidant proanthocyanidins in blueberries provide a great deal of rich nutrition to the mitochondria in the brain’s cells to help regenerate and heal from wear and tear. This breakfast is very high in vitamin B complex with 102% B-1, 34% B-2, 88% B-3, 19% B-6, 113% B-12 contributing to getting you energised for the day. Every ingredient listed here contributes to over 250%* manganese helping with memory issues. There is 30% omega 3s to support neuroplasticity required to help your brain heal & improve, and 145% magnesium to improve learning and memory to work with the omega 3s. 40% copper for fatigue and emotional issues with a good amount of vitamin E prevents oxidative stress on the brain’s cells that leads to Alzheimer’s.
*Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Allowance
Serves 1 dish & at least 10 nut mixes
- 2 tbsp x fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup x Plain natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup x hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup x Walnuts
- 1/8 cup x Raisins (flame are nice & juicy)
- 1/4 cup x Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup x Almonds
- 1/4 cup x Cashews
- 1/4 cup x Peanuts (red skin preferred)
- 1/8 cup x Sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup x Pumpkin seeds
- Other fruits as you like e.g. strawberries, raspberries, mango, banana, blackberries.
- In a big bowl, compile the nuts and mix together. Store in an airtight container.
- For breakfast, in a bowl place fresh fruit, 1/2 cup of the nut mix and yoghurt.