A simple and tasty soup full of healthy greens. If you want to make it less healthy you can add in some Stilton or parmesan cheese! You can put in whatever green foods you like to make this soup, but the staple items are below.
Time : 20 minutes
From the recipe below this soup packs over 250%* vitamin C from the veggies, the combined ingredients have 90% B-6, 100% manganese from peas & cannellini beans, and over 50% magnesium plus 20% B-2 for good measure. This soup will aid insomnia, depression, headaches, light sensitivity and mostly co-ordination issues.
* Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Allowance
2 x medium courgettes, diced
1 x broccoli head, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
1 x garlic clove, chopped finely
1 cup x frozen peas
1 tin x cannellini beans, drained
2 tsp x basil pesto
500 ml x vegetable stock
1 tsp x olive oil
Salt & pepper
Note: You can basically add anything you like into this soup so long as it is GREEN!
- In large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat & add the garlic for 2 mins until you can smell the aroma.
- Add the courgette & broccoli to the sauce pan for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and cannellini beans, bring to the boil & then let it simmer for 12 mins.
- Pour in the frozen peas & let it cook for a further 3 mins.
- Turn off the heat, add the pesto & puree until smooth texture.
- Reheat when you want to eat it with some crusty bread. If you want to add cheese, do it on the reheat phase & allow it enough time to melt into the soup (approx. 3 mins). Season with salt & pepper to taste.