This salad is packed full of goodness. It works well cold but is better warm!
Time : 20 minutes
Packed with brain nutrients, this salad is awesome for fatigue due to 100% vitamins D & B-12, plus 25% omega 3s and iron with 80% B-6 and 15% vitamin E. The B-12, Omega 3s and 80% magnesium provide support for memory function, and the added excess of 100% vitamin C means it is great for depression and anxiety. Finally, the 100% manganese means that with the B-12, vitamins C and E, and B-6 this salad helps with co-ordination too.
*Percentages are of your Recommended Daily Allowance
1 x broccoli head, chopped into small florets
1/2 cup x quinoa
1 cup x water
50 g x feta, cubed
2 x tinned mackerel fillets, chopped into bite sized chunks
1 tbsp x pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp x walnuts, roughly chopped
1/4 cup x sun blushed tomatoes
2 x spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp x French vinaigrette dressing
- Heat water until boiling & add quinoa for 10 minutes. Then turn off heat & leave to stand until all the water is absorbed. If pre-cooked quinoa, then ignore this step.
- Steam broccoli florets for 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast pine nuts in frying pan on dry heat until golden brown & slightly fragrant.
- In salad bowl, mix together spring onions, sun blushed tomatoes, walnuts & mackerel. Add quinoa and broccoli when cooked.
- Add vinaigrette to salad & mix in.